The world of creative entrepreneurship can seem complex and overwhelming. IP (for intellectual property and internet protocol), copyrights, collection agencies, royalty rates, social media music promotion, PR or public relations, streaming vs downloads vs vinyl vs anything else, getting gigs and commissions, building fanbases, crowdfunding, grants, private investors, brand sponsorships… I could go on. Publishing, licensing, synchronisation, neighbouring rights, new social media platforms, chat bots, VR, AR… ok I’ll stop now.
You probably have a good understanding of your business, yet you may be struggling to keep up to date with the constant evolution of the the industry and the legislation which governs it.
That’s where I come in. I can help you in 3 ways:
- Give you information on what’s working right now so that you can implement those tactics and strategies yourself
- Consult with you and give you bespoke advice for your project, campaign, business or career
- Support you by taking care of many of those business tasks you can’t or don’t want to do allowing you to focus on your artistry
Who am I?
I’ve worked in the creative industries for over 20 years primarily in advertising, marketing, music, film & technology. For the majority of my career, I’ve run my own consultancy helping global, start-up and solopreneur brands to build awareness, tap up new markets and increase profits.
Over my time, I have also worked with DJs, Rappers, Singer Songwriters, Festival owners, record label owners, film companies and designers to also help them design and run their projects and campaigns successfully.
Some of the projects I’ve been involved with include:
- Launch albums and EPs which generated download and physical sales
- Helped a client chart a song to Top 20 on the UK iTunes chart
- Organise music promotions for an UK album compilation project
- Co-ordinated creative marketing material for an international music festival
- Delivered training on digital music marketing methods to musicians and execs
- Independent record label management for emerging and legacy artists both in the UK and overseas
- and much more…
The time of the DIY music and creative indie industry is fortunately at an end: progress further and faster with people who have better smarts than you and totally support your vision.
And if your vision is to secure an agent, manager or label deal, they’ll need to see that your artist business is of value to them in terms of fan numbers, revenue generated and also streams and downloads count too.
How can I help?
Business tips and advice
Coming soon! I’ll share helpful tips so that you can implement them in your business. They can be found in the blog section.
Consulting & Planning
I have slots available for consulting to evaluate your current career, business and marketing plans, develop new strategies to take you to the next level and also design the infrastructure for your project or business.
Music assistant services
Every business requires consistent actions to build momentum. Let me take care of the tasks for you so that you can focus on creating. I can also deliver training to your existing team to help fill any skills gaps.
Should you decide to benefit from running your own label instead of getting a deal, I can manage it for you handling the complex details required to ensure your affairs are in order.
For more information on all of the above, visit the Services page.